1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
There are several ways we may obtain personal information about you. Personal information is data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information about your online use).
Information You Provide To Us
When you use the Currency Academy Services, we may ask you to provide certain personal information. For example, we may ask for information when you register to create an account, update your information, sign up for a membership or subscription, use certain features, access, upload or download content, purchase products or services, enter into sweepstakes or other promotions, register or participate in a competition, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We (or our service providers or business partners) may collect information that relates to you, including personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, gender, and demographic information.
Information You Provide When You Participate in an Online Survey or Other Research. We may also collect information you provide us in connection with participating in an online survey or as a research panel participant. This may include, but may not be limited to, information about your shopping habits, lifestyle preferences, interests and hobbies, health, physical or behavioral characteristics, or other demographic information, as well as photos, videos, and other user-generated content.
Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, you will be required to provide a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment you choose.
Information You Provide Through Social Media. You may also be given the option to link to your Facebook or other social media accounts through the Currency Academy Services. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information from you based upon your privacy settings on those sites. This may include, but may not be limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with the Currency Academy Services, Currency Academy as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about your online activity.
- Device. We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier for the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Currency Academy Services, including the hardware model and mobile network information. The data may be used to help diagnose problems with our servers, analyse trends, track users’ web page, email and mobile application movements/activities, help identify or gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, modelling and to retarget online and to serve interest based or other advertisements to you across computers or devices you may use.
- Location. We collect general information about where traffic and purchases on our site are coming from around the world. This is used at an aggregate level (that does not identify individual users) to create reports to better understand our engagement with users.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support the Currency Academy Services. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or other technologies to receive, collect, and store information on our behalf.
- Third Party Analytic Technologies. We may use third parties’ analytics and tracking tools, such as Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Facebook Custom Audience and others, to help us track, segment and analyse usage of the Currency Academy Services, and to help us or those third parties serve more targeted advertising to you on the Currency Academy Services and across the Internet.
To learn more about your advertising choices relating to the collection and use of your information, please see the Your Rights section below.
Information Received from Other Third Parties
Currency Academy may receive your personal information as follows:
- We may obtain information about you from other trusted third-party sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically. This includes, for example, Public databases or data aggregators (that may include your demographic information, media consumption, previous purchases, shopping habits, loyalty program information or lifestyle preferences)
- Currency Academy partners and service providers (including, for example, business partners, analytics vendors, advertising networks and search information providers).
We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, personalize your experience with the Currency Academy Services, target our communications so that we can inform you of products and services or other offers that may be of interest to you, to measure ad quality and responses, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
Combination of Information
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the information about you for a variety of business purposes:
Customer Service and Transactional Purposes, such as to:
- Respond to your questions or requests and provide customer service.
- Manage your account and registration.
- Troubleshoot issues, bugs or defects related to your account or activities.
- Provide you with access to certain features of the Currency Academy Services.
- Validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your order, (including in certain cases to arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone), and send you related information, coupons, products or promotions.
- Verify your identity or communicate with you about your activities with respect to the Currency Academy Services.
- Use your credit, debit or payment card or other financial information only to process payments and prevent fraud.
- Develop new products or services and to enhance current products and services.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Currency Academy Services and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- For other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent.
Advertising Customization and Analytics Purposes:
- Perform market research, understand the effectiveness of our competition or promotions and Currency Academy Services analytics and operations;
- Personalize and improve the Currency Academy Services and our products, services, offers and advertising made available on or outside the Currency Academy Services (including on other sites/ applications that you visit). For example, we may provide personalized or localized content, recommendations, features, and provide content or features that match your interests and preferences;
- Provide you with customized content, advertisements, offers and promotions offered by Currency Academy or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- Link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs, use for interest-based or targeted advertising or re-targeting on your computers or other devices, and to provide you with better service;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners (e.g., through Facebook Custom Audience, Google Customer Match, Twitter Match, etc.) for Currency Academy marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any consents you have given to us.
The information collected or generated through your use of the Currency Academy Services may be shared by you or by us as described below.
Sharing of Information by You
The Currency Academy Services offer many ways to find, enjoy, and share content.
Your activity in connection with the Currency Academy Services, such as filling out surveys, reviewing and rating products, enquiring about or purchasing products, participation in online communities, “liking” or “sharing” Currency Academy content to your social media accounts or pages or otherwise interacting with the Currency Academy Services, may be visible to other users of the Currency Academy Services and in some cases, publicly available.
Sharing of Information by Us
We may share your personal information with:
- Our Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions on our behalf. This includes, but may not be limited to, service providers that host or operate the Currency Academy Services; process payment; analyse data; provide customer service; postal or delivery services, and sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer any promotions. We are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other web sites may send their own cookies to your device and may independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We may also transfer or disclose your personal information to another data controller to be used for similar purposes, at that data controller’s discretion and you hereby consent to such transfer or disclosure.
- Other Third Parties. Your personal information may also be shared with our sponsors, partners, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers and analytics companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional, and other offers, as well as product information. Your information may also be shared with third parties we identify at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent. You have the option to opt-in to receive direct marketing from these selected third parties. With your consent, we will also share your information with members of our corporate family who will use your personal information to send you marketing communications. You can change your mind and opt-out at any time as detailed in Your Rights below.
- Business Transfers. In the event that another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Currency Academy Services, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties. Finally, information described in this paragraph may also be disclosed for due diligence purposes in connection with any proposed transaction of the sorts described in this paragraph.
- Legal obligations. In limited circumstances, we may transfer and disclose your information to law enforcement and government authorities to comply with our legal obligations.
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country:
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we are providing you with the information in this Policy.
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this through your account page or by contacting us at the email address below.
- The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability. You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do this by any of the following means:
- Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unsubscribe from our marketing email communications at any time by unsubscribing or following the instructions contained within the email.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- Baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
- Further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We will respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one (1) month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we will come back to you and let you know.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
OTHER CURRENCY ACADEMY PRIVACY POLICIES